Tuesday 30 December 2014

Chapter 2, Task 3. Translating into Stitch - white on black.




Chapter 2, Task 3, The original ink washed background with white charcoal pencil is the top image and my white on black stitched sample page is below.
I began using cream cotton (I had ordered white)  and ran out so completed the sampled with new white cotton - the first image was a long way off the original, the second wasn't great - the only way I seem to get a more accurate result is to draw the image on the fabric first and then stitch - not sure of this is okay to do?? The contrast is really good and definitely enhances the images in the reverse. I had problems with the stitching in the final image as the bobbin grabbed the cotton and I had to re thread, then it went straight back to normal. Pleased with them overall and pleased with the way my machine is performing now it has decent cotton!

No comments:

Post a Comment