Chapter 7, Free Embroidery
The red even though it is a primary colour seems to "blend" into the background.
I think the red and green is really vibrant and bold, perhaps the use of some more yellow around the blue circles would have been an improvement.
I got into a bit of a space problem near the bottom and everything has melded together on the bottom line.
Page 47 (taken with my mobile phone)
I was happy with the background fabric - some of my snow dyed fabric. The Large D really pops out and even though it isn't a Primary colour it seems to jump out of the strong coloured background. I did make a small mistake in that I had just returned from a couple of months away and basically in my enthusiasm began sewing in straight stitch. It is the one from bottom line in orange, also the bobbin thread was showing through as my tension was set too high. Adjusted everything and used zig zag again on the last "Dazzle". Finally I wasn't happy with the way my scanner had scanned the page prior to this one. It seems too light and the colours are fainter, so I took the second picture on my mobile phone.